Have some questions about classes? Take a look at our faq below to find your answers!
1. How do I register for a class?
Take a look at our class calendar at the bottom of our classes page and find the class you want to attend. We have two handy dandy links to help you register step by step depending on if you are registering directly or have already purchased a Groupon .
2. I can not attend any classes that are on the schedule, are there more classes coming?
Classes are displayed only a month advance, please check back for more future classes.
3. Do you offer weekend classes?
It is rare that we offer these shorter workshops on the weekend as those days are reserved for instructors’ that teach all day classes. We share the studio with 7 other instructors and run about 30+ classes.
4. May I request a date and time for a class I want to attend?
Unfortunately you may not set the time and date of a class if you have purchased a Groupon as these are group classes that are pre-scheduled. You may not use your Groupon for a private class however if you pay direct, you may request a quote for a private class.
5. Can kids or youth join your classes?
Generally Chu Chu classes are designed for 18+ only, you may request to bring a minor by contacting email@example.com. Please note that any minor must be accompanied by an adult that is also taking the class.
6. May I accompany someone taking the class but not actually take the class myself?
No, we do not allow spectators in the classroom, you must be a paying student to attend a workshop.
7. Help! My Groupon is expiring soon and I can not attend one of the classes posted on the schedule!
We do allow students to book a class for a future date past the expiry date as long as they do so before the voucher expires. Groupon policy states that the voucher amount never expires but if you book a class after the expiry date you will have to pay the difference of the full amount. All our Groupon voucher’s give 4 months from the date of purchase for you to book a class to fit in with your schedule.
8. What is your cancellation policy?
We allow registered students to cancel up to 48 hours before the start of their class with no penalty.
9. Help! I need to cancel my class but it’s after the 48 hour cancellation policy.
If you cancel under 48 hours refunds or re-booking may not be available. In some cases there is a cancellation fee in order to re-book a cancelled class, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
10. Why do you ask for cash exact change for GST and material fees?
We often have very full classes and it takes a lot of time to process each person if everyone needs change or needs to use the machine. Bringing exact change makes the sign in much speedier and allows us to start the class on time!
11. Why do we have to be at class 10-15 minutes early?
Students need time to get settled, sign in and pay any fees necessary. Coming a bit early insures that we start the class on time.
12. Can I arrive even earlier than 10-15 minutes early and hang out?
No, the door will be locked until 15 minutes before the start of class. This is to insure previous classes can finish up, set up can be completed or the instructor can finish their break.
13. Is there parking at Octopus Studios?
Yes! There is plenty of street meter parking on Powell St for $1/hour and some free spots in the neighbouring streets.
14. Is there a bathroom at Octopus Studios?
Yes there is!
15. Can we throw out our garbage at Octopus Studios?
We are a disposable food container free building. In efforts to reduce waste, we have implemented a no single use container or packaging use in our studio that includes all of our artists and students.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com